Our Green Policy
Bloomfield House Hotel is committed to achieving savings through an environmental management policy. To date we have reduced our waste landfill by up to 30% through a detailed recycling programme.
A Business Management System was installed in January 2009 to give greater control over our heating, which has resulted in a 15% reduction in oil consumption to date.
All light fittings are gradually being replaced with energy efficient lighting, and plans are afoot to install a Combined Heat and Power (CHP) unit which is expected to reduce energy consumption by up to a further 25%.
Lights, heat and air conditioning are only on when required.
All our chemicals are eco friendly through Johnston Diversy products.
We are committed to constantly reviewing, investing in and improving our environmental management policy.
Environmental Policy of Bloomfield House Hotel, Leisure Club & Spa
The management of Bloomfield House Hotel, Leisure Club and Spa recognise that everything we do has an effect upon the environment. We wish to continuously improve our environmental performance, ensuring the sustainability of our actions. We intend to do this by reviewing annually our environmental impact to ensure that we maintain high eco-tourism standards and implement best environmental practice.
We aim to:
· Comply with all relevant environmental legislation and industry standards.
· Reduce our use of non-renewable resources and of energy produced from such resources.
· Reduce, reuse and recycle waste wherever practical.
· Prevent and minimise pollution.
· Use all resources efficiently.
· Increase our use of recycled materials and materials from renewable sources.
· Pass on the benefits of improved environmental practice to our staff and guests.
Specifically we are:
- Conserving energy and water.
- Reducing waste through re-using and recycling.
- Monitoring and reducing our reliance on non-renewable resources.
- Monitoring and reducing our use of non-ecological detergents and disinfectants and replacing them with ecological products.
- Monitoring and reducing our use of chemicals and, where possible, replacing them with environmentally safe products.
- Educating, training and motivating our staff to work in an environmentally responsible manner and to participate in developing new ideas and initiatives.
- Communicating with our guests and providing information about local landscape, biodiversity and nature conservation measures in our area.
- Maintain and planting on hotel grounds.
As guests you have been asked to help us improve our environmental performance by:
- Keeping windows closed if the heating is on.
- Turning off lights, TV’s etc when they are not required.
- Saving water by not using running water while brushing teeth and shaving, and to report any leaks.
- Requesting when towels are to be changed.
- Separating waste into the bins provided.
As proprietors we have provided you with information about the local environment, modes of local transport, our commitment to the environment through our policy and the measures we are implementing. We have also provided you with locally produced food, a clean and healthy environment, and a promise of continual improvement.